Skip to content
Fibreglassing swimming pools
Aplying Fibreglass Finish to Swimming Pools
- First the rendered pool surface must be thoroughly cleaned of any dust or debris.
- We then apply a coat of diluted resin that will soak into the pool surface to create a good bond for the fibreglass to adhere to.
- Extra care must be take to the swimming pool sump, skimmers, light and all the inlet jets. We glass these first embedding the fibreglass into a groove we created in the render. Then we past a resin based filler over the fibreglass to create a waterproof seal.
- The fibreglass edges are softened rather than cut straight, this will give the pool a better visual finish when the sheets are joined together.
- The fibreglass is laid by first coating the pool surface with a coat of a mixture of resin mixed with white dye and the sheets are overlapped by about 8cm, we then cover the sheets with another coat of the resin mixture and roller in well.
- 12 hours later we sand the hole pool down then clean it thoroughly.
- Finally we ad the top coat and the non slip to the swimming pool steps.
Fibreglass swimming pools